Sunday, February 13, 2011

Music: The Avett Brothers- Various Songs

Sometimes, we need to appreciate art because it's beautiful, and good.  If every good and perfect thing comes from God, then we can definitely find God in art and music.  As I was watching the Avett Brothers rock it tonight, I was reminded of how creative God is and how creativity is such a reflection of who he is. We are made in the image of the Creator God, so our creativity comes as a result of being made in his image.  Long story short, I really appreciate the Avett Brothers music and I'm posting it because it is art and not because of some deep spiritual teaching (not that I am saying I provide that here, but you get my point).   Enjoy some of my favorites.


"Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise"


"I and Love and You"

"The Ballad of Love and Hate"

"I Would Be Sad"

"If It's the Beaches"

No comments:

Post a Comment