Friday, December 30, 2011

The Gospel According to Children



This is the Gospel!  When you see the story of Jesus Christ through the eyes of an innocent child, you see how gloriously simple it is.  Jesus came to this world, leaving his perfect home, to embrace a broken, dying world.  He lifted up the poor.  He restored relationships.  He ended strife.  He was perfect.  And just when it seemed like all was lost, he defeated death once and for all.  All it takes is accepting it.  Kids get it.  And when all start to get it, it looks like the last minute or so if this video.  Life is a joy to live!

This band has absolutely wrecked me the last couple of days!  So glad God has allowed me to come across them and be blessed by their music.  I leave you with a prayer from their song "Broken Bread":

I will not fight you
Take me past the line that my heart draws
I will not fight you
Take me beyond the laziness of my thoughts
I will not fight
Lead me further than I've gone before
I will not fight you  

Amen!

1 comment: